Protecting Your Rights for over 25 Years
John T. Dufour
Partner – Owner
- Auto Accidents & Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- Chapter 7 & Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Social Security Disability
John Dufour is a native of Carrollton. He has a bachelor's degree from Emory University, and is an honor graduate from the University of Georgia school of law. Upon graduation he practiced for 2 years with a nationally known firm in Savannah, working on class action lawsuits, personal injury, and ERISA litigation.
John has practiced law in Carrollton since 1998, focused on the areas of personal injury, workers compensation, bankruptcy, and social security disability. He has recovered tens of millions of dollars for the benefit of injured and disabled clients, and he has filed over 5,000 bankruptcy cases for individuals seeking debt relief and creditor protection. He has handled injury claims that span the range of possibilities, from simple auto accidents, to slip and falls, to nursing home negligence, to complex construction claims. Whether the client's settlement is $3,000 or $3,000,000, John devotes his time and energy to maximize the client's benefit, because each client's case is top priority for that client.
John is married to Ginger Dufour f/k/a Ginger Conaway from Temple, and he has two daughters, Claire and Kate. Claire graduated from Central High and from the University of Alabama, and is enrolled in graduate school studying speech therapy. Kate graduated from Central High and is attending the University of Alabama in pursuit of a teaching career. John and his family attend Temple United Methodist Church. In his spare time John enjoys reading, fishing, and running 100 mile ultramarathons.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 1996
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1993
- Carrollton High School
- Georgia, 1996
Classes & Seminars
- Guest Lecturer, University of West Georgia regarding Bankruptcy
- Speaker, Continuing legal education seminars on recent developments in Workers Compensation law
- Former Member, Temple City Council
- Former Member, City of Temple Ethics Committee
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Workers' Compensation section, Member